Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Character Conversion: The Fantastic Four (Part 1)

Since my earliest days in gaming I have been a big fan of mixing genres and even characters from other settings. I usually try to keep this very low-key in my own campaigns, but from time to time, I wonder what more direct conversions would look like.

Since Marvel Comics have always been some of my favorite, I decided to start with some of their earliest characters: The Fantastic Four. Just what would these folks look like in a Star Wars setting? What would their backstory be? Could I make their various superpowers 'believable' within a Star Wars setting?

Well, here are the results of what I came up with. I am pretty pleased with them. Please note, however, that in most cases the characters are nowhere near as powerful as their Marvel Universe counterparts. Likewise, the characters I will be presenting represent the heroes in the earliest stages of their career. While they may be masters at some things (science, medicine, etc.), they are not necessarily combat monsters. Reed, Susan and Johnny in particular don't have much combat experience up to this point, and their stats reflect that.

Over the next four days I will be releasing the Fantastic Four. Today I present to you Mr. Fantastic, aka Dr. Reed Richards. Click on the image to embiggen.


1 comment:

  1. Just seeing these now--so cool! Love the Marvel/WEG d6 idea!

    ReplyDelete